LimeSDR Mini V1 to be Replaced by LimeSDR Mini V2

Discussion about this major DATV Project. See https://wiki.batc.org.uk/The_Portsdown_Transmitter
G8GKQ
Site Admin

LimeSDR Mini V1 to be Replaced by LimeSDR Mini V2

Post by G8GKQ » Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:19 pm

Many of you will have seen the announcement that the LimeSDR Mini V1 is End-of-life and is to be replaced by the LimeSDR Mini V2. https://www.crowdsupply.com/lime-micro/ ... nouncement. I see this development as good news, as the LimeSDR Mini should be available for purchase again soon and be suitable for DATV use.

I have already been in touch with the Lime Microsystems and hope to be able to test a prototype of the LimeSDR Mini V2 with the Portsdown (and Langstone) as soon as one is available.

I will post updates here as soon as I have any more information.

Dave, G8GKQ

g4eml

Re: LimeSDR Mini V1 to be Replaced by LimeSDR Mini V2

Post by g4eml » Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:58 pm

If they manage to make it a drop in replacement as they claim then it should be OK. If it needs different drivers then it may take a bit of work.

It’s a pity they are sticking with the ‘ USB stick’ design. I think it would be more useful with a USB socket and cable rather than the A type plug.

Colin.

radiogareth

Re: LimeSDR Mini V1 to be Replaced by LimeSDR Mini V2

Post by radiogareth » Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:05 pm

Agreed, its a disaster waiting to happen.....maybe a budget consideration. I think they needed to make the nn-board PSUs a bit more rugged too. I've a dead Lime-mini and a dead Lime USB. OK so the Mini did get 12 volts from a faulty switched hub (never again) but the big one just stopped one day. If it was a good old 7805 I could cope, but trying to sort multiple voltages all in tiny surface mount is not top of my list. All three of my Plutos have survived my ministrations so far.....

Gareth

Return to “The Portsdown Digital ATV System”