Which file has all the configuration parameters

Discussion about this major DATV Project. See https://wiki.batc.org.uk/The_Portsdown_Transmitter
VK3MN

Which file has all the configuration parameters

Post by VK3MN » Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:27 pm

Hello all
which file contains all the portsdown configuration parameters ?, what I mean is as you choose the various parameters from the 7 inch touch screen , such as modulation , symbol rate , fec, output to Pluto etc, where is that information stored ?, can it be viewed or read ? thanks.

G8GKQ
Site Admin

Re: Which file has all the configuration parameters

Post by G8GKQ » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:00 pm

Hi Bruce

The main configuration is in the file /home/pi/rpidatv/scripts/portsdown_config.txt. There are a number of other config files in that folder that control the ancilliary functions.

Be careful hand-editing it; it is only designed to be edited by the Portsdown touchscreen software or the ssh console menu.

Dave

VK3MN

Post by VK3MN » Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:57 pm

Hi Dave
Thanks for reply.
The reason I was asking is because I am having a bit of trouble getting a DVB-s picture from my Portsdown 4 and Pluto at a SR of 4000.

I know my Pluto works at a symbol rate of 4000 because I have had it tested on a known working portsdown 4 system.

So I was hoping it is just a wrong setting in my portsdown, so I wanted to compare my possible faulty portsdown config to the known working config file.
I am using software ver Buster 202109051.
I have tried two different RPI4 and two different SD cards.

Is there a document that lists all the various settings for the portsdown and pluto ?
Thanks
Cheers
Bruce

G8GKQ
Site Admin

Post by G8GKQ » Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:00 am

Hi Bruce

I am not sure that you will be able to get the Pluto to produce DVB-S at 4 MS. In my testing, as explained on this Wiki page https://wiki.batc.org.uk/Portsdown_4_Pl ... ctionality, I have only seen it work reliably at SRs of 1 MS and below.

To achieve 4 MS reliably with Portsdown 4 you would need a LimeSDR Mini loaded with the custom LimeDVB firmware.

I have never seen the Portsdown 4 with Pluto work at that SR, however it is not something that I test as in the UK we tend to use 333 kS as our go-to SR, with occasional use of 1 MS or 2 MS.

Dave

Return to “The Portsdown Digital ATV System”