DVB-T with Portsdown 4

Discussion about this major DATV Project. See https://wiki.batc.org.uk/The_Portsdown_Transmitter
dl5eu

DVB-T with Portsdown 4

Post by dl5eu » Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:29 pm

Hello all,

I have set up a Portsdown 4 (4 GB RPi) with the latest development version of the software (202101310) and an ADALM PLUTO with the firmware of Evaristo.

At the moment I have only a HiDes DVB-T receiver available here (seems to be a HV-122DCA) with a monitor connected to the HDMI output. I thought that it should be possible to receive a signal from the Portsdown in the 70cm-band with 1 MHz bandwidth. The signal parameters are correctly recognised by the RX (FEC, guard interval, video PID, audio PID and so on), the signal is locked (green LED on the RX) but the picture on the screen is unrecognisable and totally distorted, with strange colours that change about every second. No matter if I use the camera of the RPi or the test card as video source.

Does anybody have an idea what's going wrong here? An HDMI problem? When I use the HiDes TX reception is ok. I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of Knucker :-)

Thank you very much for your help!

Kind regards,

Ralf, DL5EU

DD1IA_Hans-Peter

Re: DVB-T with Portsdown 4

Post by DD1IA_Hans-Peter » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:29 pm

Hi,
did you manage the problem until now ?
I use Pluto & HV-122A with DATV Express or Portsdown4 and 1MHz BW. Its nessesary to use Firmware 6.72.xxx not 6.79.xxx !
6.72.xxx = Pluto, etc. 6.79.xxx = HIDES TX with low latency.

Have fun with HAM-R, 73 Hans-Peter DD1IA

Return to “The Portsdown Digital ATV System”