Waveshare Screen Problem

Discussion about this major DATV Project. See https://wiki.batc.org.uk/The_Portsdown_Transmitter
G0DDX

Re: Waveshare Screen Problem

Post by G0DDX » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:31 am

Dave, Jen et Al....

Well its been an interesting morning.
Despite a complete rebuild of the software yesterday on a brand new SD card (Yes I was desperate!) and its resulting failure to activate either screen, I have gone back to basics this morning, and done yet another rebuild from scratch. This time it has worked and now both screens are working!
So it looks like somehow I managed to botch the original software build even though it was only switched off and the Portsdown put on a shelf for a few months!
I am at a loss as to why the rebuild yesterday didn't work either.

Anyway, I have shifted from Portsdown Panic Mode to 3D Printer Panic Mode as that is now playing up and refusing to print anything. It says its a heater failure despite getting both the bed and nozzle getting fully up to temp.

I have decided to build another Portsdown from the spare parts I have lying about. This time it will have a 7" screen and use my lime mini. However I need a nice bezel to mount it in... Hence the 3D printer Problems, and that has been sitting since before Xmas last year, so not sure what I have done. Oh.. and I have not used my KPA 500 Linear since May last year, and every thing has worked since, so its not RF problems either.

So to every one that responded, many thanks for your time and effort, and I still don't understand what went wrong!
I think I will do some thorough testing on all my SD cards, even though they seemed to be OK, and showed no issues.
Its keeping me Locked down to the Shack Bench!

At least I have a spare 3.5 Screen now.

Regards, and thanks

Geoff
G0DDX
De Geoff
G0DDX

Return to “The Portsdown Digital ATV System”