Using UDP on Netwok

Discussion about this major DATV Project. See https://wiki.batc.org.uk/The_Portsdown_Transmitter
F1NST-Bernard

Using UDP on Netwok

Post by F1NST-Bernard » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:17 pm

Hello all,

Trying to use receiving signal on Minitiouner and resend same with Portsdown using UDP adress but unfortunatelly nothing possible.
I guess it is only a parameters issue.
Just confirm that video is well received and can be view with TS reader or VLC on the local Network using UDP adress and port noted in Minitioune config file.
In Portsdown the UDP adress was entered using Menu - select output - output mode - IP - adress. I noted in the source that default port is 10000 consequently same port was used in Minitioune.
It is not for my own use but to help a friend who whish to use system as local repeater. For sure I will manage to do same, when I have the time :D :D
Hope an help for the community. Thanks

Bernard F1NST

G8GKQ
Site Admin

Re: Using UDP on Netwok

Post by G8GKQ » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:34 pm

Hi Bernard

Are you trying to use the Portsdown to retransmit (by radio) a UDP stream as a DVB-S signal?

If so, you need to set the desired transmit method (IQ, QPSKRF, DATVEXpress?) in the Output Menu. Then in the Source Menu, select H264 (although the stream can be MPEG-2 or H264 - I just had to put the entry somewhere!) and then select IPTS in.

Then set MiniTiouner to send the UDP stream to the Portsdown's IP address on port 10000. Then select transmit on the Portsdown.

Similar to using vMix to transmit with Portsdown as described here: https://wiki.batc.org.uk/Feeding_Video_ ... _from_vMix

Hope that helps

Dave

F1NST-Bernard

Post by F1NST-Bernard » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:54 pm

Thanks Dave,
Yes, the challenge is to transmit on one fréquency a stream received by Minitioune on an other fréquency.
This is to make a link between two of my local friends (F4CJN and F5GQ) and later one to make a repeater for our area.I will instruct them to use IPTS. In fact the reception from Minitioune is the same as the signal with Vmix which, I use it, is really perfect.Great.

Thank your help and keep you posted of results

73 Bernard

vk3gmz

Post by vk3gmz » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:52 am

G'day Dave and others,

I'm wanting to setup a Portsdowner to take a UDP input and output it onto the composite AV socket of the Pi.
I'm pretty sure I have half going but not able to enable the video output function from the console menu, option 2 , 3 and Compvid.

Is this option actually an option or is it on the wish list..? I'd settle for output on HDMI if I had too, but can't find that as an option. My preferred method is via the 3.5mm AV jack if possible.

I have no touchscreen so am using console menu only.

Cheers
Phil. :?

G8GKQ
Site Admin

Post by G8GKQ » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:58 am

Hi Phil

A similar capability has reached the top of the wish-list. I'm just implementing the capability to view the BATC Streamer on the touchscreen (and the 3.5mm AV comp video output as long as you are not using the 7 inch screen).

I do not, and will not, support use of the HDMI output - it is not compatible with some of the core Portsdown features and adds too much complexity.

However, you don't say what format your stream is. Starting with the default Portsdown build, the implementation that I am developing needs:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install omxplayer
and then simply

Code: Select all

omxplayer rtmp://rtmp.batc.org.uk/live/gb3hv
You may be able to simply replace the rtmp address with your udp server address - but I don't know.

Hope that helps

Dave

F1NST-Bernard

Post by F1NST-Bernard » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:41 pm

Hi all,

I resumed my test and unfortunately no positive results. In fact, in reading the various Portsdown scripts it is clear that in IPTSIN mode the adress taken into consideration is the RPI TCP on the Network. (Menu.sh line 319) The port is fixed in a.sh line 1105 Port=10000. This systeme is fully functionning with Vmix as it is the TCP adress which is retained and the port is also confirmed in the various .bat files used in relation with Portsdown and to date is OK for this use but except that Minitioune is using UDP adress and not TCP. I tried to modify line 1106 (a.sh) as netcat command refer to UDP (-u) and I add the Minitioune UDP adress and Port in the sentence. But nothing.... :o
As we say in French, "j'en perd mon Latin" I confirm that Minitioune flux is correct either with VLC or TSreader. I also open the corresponding Ports in Kaspersky Firewall to avoid any port blocking. In checking with a Network analyser, with VLC/TSreader the correct Port/adress are active but nthing with RPI/Portsdown. :roll:
I assume that other OM would be interested to use Minitioune as source with Portsdown to make a simple repeater. To do, I think it will be usefull to have a additional item in menu allowing the use of Minitioune as source. Of course, it will be judicious to have menu which permit the choice for adress and port as it is possible in Minitioune.ini. Unfortunately I'm not enough expert in Linux to help in a satisfactory way but remain confident with BATC fellows.
Thanks your help.
73's Bernard F1NST

G1BVI

Post by G1BVI » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:44 pm

In UK we say excuse my French hi hi

Nick

G8GKQ
Site Admin

Post by G8GKQ » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:14 am

Hi Bernard

I have this on my to-do list to get working soon. Evariste has given me some ideas of how to do it.

Dave

F1NST-Bernard

Post by F1NST-Bernard » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:12 pm

Thanks Dave, I also been in touch with Evariste. :D
Bernard F1NST

Return to “The Portsdown Digital ATV System”