Touch Screen a bit Iffy

Discussion about this major DATV Project. See https://wiki.batc.org.uk/The_Portsdown_Transmitter
G4uvz

Touch Screen a bit Iffy

Post by G4uvz » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:44 am

Some areas of my screen seem to be intermittently insensitive to touch. I am running latest software and have been experimenting quite a lot with attenuator settings. To change a setting you have to backspace a number of touches before entering a new value. I wonder if I am wearing out this bit of the screen?
I have done numerous recalibrations of the screen and also reset screen calibration to zero using putty.

M5TXJ

Re: Touch Screen a bit Iffy

Post by M5TXJ » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:01 pm

Hi.

Others have had similar problems which have been caused by their display bezel overlapping the touch sensitive areas of the display, perhaps your problem is similar. Your other option is to monitor where the presses are being registered, I know this is possible as I've seen it in other threads, this may pinpoint the issue.

73 Dave
...are you sure I can't use a pair of 813's?... :shock:

G8GKQ
Site Admin

Post by G8GKQ » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:31 pm

Hi Adrian

I've haven't heard of a specific area of the Waveshare screen becoming unresponsive. The screen on the RPi that I use for software development still seems to be reliable after 9 months or so of continuous abuse.

As Dave says you have to be careful of pressure around the edge of the screen.

If you were to log on using Putty, select Shutdown and Reboot options and then select "Restore Touchscreen", you can see reports of what the touch is sensing in the Putty window. This might give you a clue as to what is going on. If I recall correctly, the X and Y coordinates that are reported are swapped and reversed.

Dave

G4uvz

Post by G4uvz » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:30 pm

Thanks Dave and Dave...I have done the putty test and co ords seem pretty much 100%...so will monitor situation!

A

Return to “The Portsdown Digital ATV System”