Lime SDR Mini is very much work in progress.
The 7 inch screen does take the capability to the next level!
Edit: To other users - the 7 inch Screen and RPi 3B+ are only supported by the Portsdown "Stretch" software release - not the older Jessie release referred to in the title of this topic.
This release improves the streamer viewer, adding the ability to monitor a stream for activity, and reconnect after the stream drops out. It also recycles the viewer if it starts in audio-only mode.
Also, it adds the ability to boot to the Stream Viewer and key a repeater input line when a valid stream is received. Full details here https://wiki.batc.org.uk/Stream_Receiver.
The receiver just looks like another input and will automatically key the logic when a stream is received. A useful addition to any repeater with an internet connection on site but be aware that the input stream will be transmitted over your transmit output and so should only be used by licensed amateurs observing their license conditions.
Please contact myself for the stream name and key if you would like to test / try it.
Noel - G8GTZ
This release fixes 2 issues:
- It allows the system to be upgraded without importing the buggy/changed Raspberry Pi system software.
- The bug that prevented display of streams after looking at the system info has been corrected.
This issue adds the capability to set up and select stream outputs from the "Set Stream Outputs" Menu (accessed from Menu 3). Details here https://wiki.batc.org.uk/Streaming_to_b ... our_Stream. It also fixes 3 issues:
- It stores and sets the rtl-sdr gain when using the rtl-fm receiver
- It allows the setting of rtl-fm receive frequencies of more than 7 characters length
- It repairs the factory reset capability for the transmitter configuration and presets
This release is only intended for Portsdown Repeater Streamers. If you are using your Portsdown Jessie for transmission and want an upgrade, you should first rebuild your SD Card with Portsdown Stretch (instructions here https://github.com/BritishAmateurTelevi ... /portsdown). The release includes the following features:
- Nightly streamer reboot
- Reduce "popping" on streamer audio
I must stress that this is a one-off upgrade to Portsdown Jessie for Repeater Streamers only. Other users should upgrade to Portsdown Stretch.