Touchscreen Issues

Discussion about this major DATV Project. See https://wiki.batc.org.uk/The_Portsdown_Transmitter
Nick

Touchscreen Issues

Post by Nick » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:55 pm

Hi,

I have just enabled the touchscreen mode to check it out before connecting the Filter/Modulator and other boards and have an issue or two. Only the Pi is powered up.

When toggling between various options the screen freezes occasionally and the only option is to power down and restart. At first I thought it may be due to my mounting of the screen - maybe some of the touch sensitive area was in contact with the front panel.

To check this I removed the screen from the panel but the problem still occurs.

Another problem was when I select transmit the TX button turns RED and as I had Pattern selected the various testcards run, but I am unable to get out of transmit back to the menu screen. I believe you touch the screen anywhere to stop TX mode.

I used Putty to try and see what is happening and noticed what appears to be common between the two faults.

In both cases the following messages are displayed when the problem occurs:-

Button Event 21
Status 0
DISPLAY OFF
Entering LeandProcess
Entering FFT Thread

I have no idea what they mean but this seems to be the point the screen stops working.

I have attached screen shots of the Putty screen showing the issue.

I am using an old version of software, not the latest release.

Any help in curing this issue would be appreciated.

Regards,

Nick - G4NKV
Attachments
Touchscreen Frozen.jpg
Touchscreen Frozen.jpg (98.13 KiB) Viewed 1938 times
In TX Mode.jpg
In TX Mode.jpg (95.5 KiB) Viewed 1940 times

G8GKQ
Site Admin

Re: Touchscreen Issues

Post by G8GKQ » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:12 am

Hi Nick

Entering leandprocess means that you have selected the receive option instead of exiting from transmit.

I guess that you are running a very old software version where, to stop transmit, you needed to press on where the transmit button is located (even if you couldn’t see it). This was fixed long ago, and the documentation updated. I don’t think that you have any faults in the screen.

I suggest that you upgrade to the latest software version (from the console setup menu, bottom of the list) and then your software will behave as described in the online documentation. Otherwise, it is difficult to help you.

Dave

Nick

Re: Touchscreen Issues

Post by Nick » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:14 pm

All sorted thanks to Dave for noting that my software version was way out of date. An update cured the problem.

Nick - G4NKV

Return to “The Portsdown Digital ATV System”