-Setting up content and audio

Latest News and Discussion about the use of the DATV transponder on Es'hail-2
G1BVI

-Setting up content and audio

Post by G1BVI » Sat May 21, 2022 7:53 pm

I have been experimenting on QO100 today
I sent a test card and received it @ sym rates of 125 333 and 500 on my winter hill
I connected my camera and sent that equally well with audio from the camera
Next I tried OBS over my network and although OBS is sending audio it was not getting through to the Portsdown4/Lime.
Only video and that seemed a little jerky when transmitted although showed fine on the PD4 viewer.

During my experiments someone took my feed and superimposed it on theirs.. wow....
others have backgrounds and audio tracks running.. how is it done?
I looked on the wikki but cannot see.
The set up today was very heath robinson with the amp etc all outside on a work bench to be installed in a wx proof box.
I also need more cooling.. this amp gets hot.
All work in progress but as it was a dry day I was keen to try it out.

Are there any easy answers to my observations? it seems many have some very slick set ups :-_

TIA
Nick
G1BVI

Basil

Re: -Setting up content and audio

Post by Basil » Sun May 22, 2022 4:10 am

Hello Nick, coincidentally it was on my to do list to check out the background change trickery. I believe it's done using a plain green or blue taught background screen. The first info I found was this Wikipedia link. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chroma_key

There's so much to learn and being a relatively niche aspect of amateur radio a very finite number of resources documenting current stuff.

Even fixing what appear simple issues can be time consuming, currently I am battling getting the DATV- Easy software to see my Pluto that's on a USB to LAN adapter. I don't see anyone else having this issue, so it's probably something daft I'm missing...

Every day's a school day with this hobby! Good luck, hopefully more knowledgeable people will help with your questions.

I sometimes wonder if a beginners HF questions and answers session with some of the gurus would have potential merit?

G1BVI

Post by G1BVI » Sun May 22, 2022 6:42 am

Hi Basil
Some of the set ups our there must be amazing.
I've seen images of people with a room full of equipment stacked neatly on all three walls... unusable in that configuration but wow.
I had the ironing board in my back ground hi hi.
I need to see if I can get audio out of my portadown 4 I think first.

I got OBS working with help on here and it turned out to be the lap top I was using was not up to the job.
Yesterday's experiments were somewhat thrown together but it worked.
I only have one camera and cannot switch from multiple angles hi hi but its my hobby with a full time job.
I will get better cooling on the amp and box it all outside first I think
I also need to remote switch its power and PTT.
I have a few ideas.
Many must do it as you say but its niche which is good but makes it self learning yo a degree which I enjoy.

Nick
G1BVI

Basil

Post by Basil » Sun May 22, 2022 7:42 am

Yes, I definitely need a more powerful PC, I picked up a reasonable graphics card from a friend to whom it was a dinosaur, but short of using my work PC which I really want to keep In the workshop, the others I have accumulated are not really up to the task. More expense! But what pleasures in life aren't expensive? ;)

Anyway, I expect to see you sat in some stunning setting soon, thanks to CGI, and not an ironing board in sight :) Of course, there's always the good old national lottery...But I see someone's just given that a real good battering, jammy devils! Good luck, Chris 2E0ILY

G1BVI

Post by G1BVI » Sun May 22, 2022 8:06 am

Hi Chris
in my dreamshi hi.

Im going to stick with my laptop source for now and my 60W QRP Amp for DATV but starting to figure it all out.
Its all down to scenes in OBS and you can add different scenes.
Not sure why I had no audio out but lets walk before I can run

Nick

Pa3fbx

Post by Pa3fbx » Wed May 25, 2022 4:07 am

[q
I will get better cooling on the amp and box it all outside first I think
I also need to remote switch its power and PTT.
I have a few ideas.

Nick
G1BVI
[/quote]

Hi Nick,

Check out viewtopic.php?f=15&t=7913
It might answer your prayers..

Benno

And yes.. You need a good pc for video streaming...

Return to “Es’hail-2 - DATV Transponder”