Es'hail-2 Streamer

Latest News and Discussion about the use of the DATV transponder on Es'hail-2
VK5YYY

Es'hail-2 Streamer

Post by VK5YYY » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:20 am

Hi Folks,

Feeling a bit left out down under, is there any plans for a stream so those of us in the shadow can see what's going on
A Twitch or YouTube channel, a map like Viva Datv's jumping widgets would also be cool
A live feed of what's going on with the control and spectrum base band could be very interesting
What happens in the early days would be a great promotion for the hobby, could TX Factor cover the event and why not the BBC?
Dare I say, this could be the gateway drug for future Amateur Operators who just need a push!

Watching my first TVRO satellite pictures in the US and then building my own system in VK from bits and pieces (though we were 10 years behind)
THEY WERE CHARACTER BUILDING TIMES
Some how, I now run a successful Satellite, TV and Communications business
In summary Amateur TV will have a very powerful communication, educational but particularly promotional tool.....so may the force be with you

Cheers Roger VK5YYY

g8gtz

Re: Es'hail-2 Streamer

Post by g8gtz » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:43 pm

Hi Roger

We will have a fully tuneable web SDR for the narrow band segment which will obviously be usable in VK land - just like http://farnham-sdr.com/

However it's more difficult for the wide band segment - we will have a spectrum monitor and chat window where people are going to be asked to provide details of their transmissions.

More details of these will be found at https://eshail.batc.org.uk/

However, providing an online demod facility for almost infinite combinations of DATV transmission parameters is too difficult, which is why we are saying stations within the coverage area will have to have their own dish and receive system to view any DATV signals. At some point in the future it may be possible that we make the full IQ output from the airspy available on line but that's just on the wish list at the moment....

The best you can hope for is that some of the stations with rx systems replay it on their BATC channel at https://batc.org.uk/live/ (hopefully NOT youtube etc!).

The operating guidelines state that transmissions should not be longer than 10 minutes and so no long overs but relaying of conferences (BATC / AMSAT) is OK and I think we will arrange for those to be streamed on https://batc.org.uk/live/

Not what you wanted hear...

Noel - G8GTZ

on4bhm

Post by on4bhm » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:03 pm

Why not make a system in which users have to enter their transmission settings?
instead of a chat page?

this way we can query the system, and send the information to dvblast to stream the channel…
we can make an unattended relay system that way.

73's
on4bhm
sysop on0snw & on0bru

G8DKC

Post by G8DKC » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:49 am

Hi Roger,

Looks like there are going to be people that will be receiving only like myself, so more time to stream.

As the coverage is so big there must be many opportunities for Es'hail-2 to be streamed in the footprint.

Maybe a mode will become popular and therefore more likely to be monitored.

Not that I'm suggesting a TV Channel with no experimentation :)

Peter G8DKC

VK5YYY

Post by VK5YYY » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:58 pm

Hi Folks
I've been scanning around on the streamer page yesterday and today
No live feeds seen yet, or the time difference means I'm sleeping maybe?
Viva DATV monitor page is very active but you get an update every second and no sound
Has anyone been repeating the feeds on the streamer, is there any schedules planned?
Or is there any video that could be posted on the BATC youtube page please
Very keen to see history in the making
Cheers Roger VK5YYY

Return to “Es’hail-2 - DATV Transponder”