Octagon Quad LNB

Latest News and Discussion about the use of the DATV transponder on Es'hail-2
G8GKQ
Site Admin

Octagon Quad LNB

Post by G8GKQ » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:21 pm

Hi

I need to GPS lock my LNB, whilst having separate downlink cables for Horiz and Vert (for wideband and narrowband). There does not seem to be enough space inside the dual LNB to fit a diplexer (for Ref up, and IF down), so I am considering an Octagon quad LNB so that I have enough weatherproof F sockets to fit a dedicated reference cable.

Does anybody know if the Octogon quad LNB has a 25 MHz reference crystal or a 27 MHz reference crystal? I only currently have 25 MHz reference available....

Thanks

Dave
G8GKQ

g0mjw

Re: Octagon Quad LNB

Post by g0mjw » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:28 am

Hi Dave,

I don't know the answer to that but look at my other post in the LNB thread. I am developing a diplexer that will send 12V and Reference to the LNB and bring back the IF. The idea is then that the LNB mod is to tap off the reference with a simple low pass or band pass filter that should fit inside the case.

Professional PLL LNBs usually work with this method, so even if you can't modify an octagon, you can use one of those. Note also DB6NT has a TCXO LNB for €80 that may be stable enough for most uses.

Mike

pabr

Re: Octagon Quad LNB

Post by pabr » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:20 pm

FIY I have examined the Octagon OQLO (Quattro), version 1609, and it is a DRO design. I would expect the OQSLO (Quad) to be DRO as well since they are from the same generation. I haven't disassembled their new "Green" products (OQSLG and OQLG) but that's where I would start if I wanted a PLL.

Pascal

Return to “Es’hail-2 - DATV Transponder”