automated rx system?

Latest News and Discussion about the use of the DATV transponder on Es'hail-2
on4bhm

automated rx system?

Post by on4bhm » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:14 am

Hi,

I was planning on offering my relay (on0snw) users the possibility the view/tune into the transponder of es'hail 2 sat.
I can script my dvblast program on Linux, to tune my dvb-s2 card.
But i need the posted settings from somewhere...
Will batc offer this api service?

this way, if someone ask permission to access eshail2 sat via batc webside, my system can automatic tune my dvb-s2 card and stream the video to my relay....

73's
on4bhm sysop on0snw

Phil M0DNY

Re: automated rx system?

Post by Phil M0DNY » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:38 pm

Hi,

We're currently planning to support a live spectrum view and webchat facility. We've also had interest in tee-ing a receiver off the feed to provide a DATV look-through channel.

I'm not sure what we could usefully make available from this via an API? It's possible that the spectrum view could be processed to estimate center frequency & bandwidth of distinct signals, but I'm not sure of the accuracy achievable and other characteristics would likely still need be entered manually.

Phil
M0DNY

on4bhm

Re: automated rx system?

Post by on4bhm » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:09 pm

if we would get a access to an api that tells us the dvb-s or dvb-s2 setting that the person who requested had filled in, it would be nice.

than, if he get's access, we would have his data to send to the dvb-s2 capture card and process his video.

Another thing i would like to realise is, to make a gateway from our atv repeater to the sat.
This would be fairly simple to do.

73's
on4bhm
sysop on0snw & on0bru

Return to “Es’hail-2 - DATV Transponder”