An appeal for help and CQ-TV 281 is available for download

Discussions relating to CQ-TV, the magazine of the British Amateur Television Club (BATC)
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
g8gtz

An appeal for help and CQ-TV 281 is available for download

Post by g8gtz » Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:53 am

Firstly an urgent appeal for help!

BATC has now run out of the Serit 4334 NIM used in the MiniTiouner and we desperately need help from the skilled hardware / software developers to engineer a new solution based around other hardware for the ATV community - if you can help please get in touch secretary@batc.tv

The electronic copy of CQ-TV 281 is available for download for members using this direct link: https://batc.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/cq-tv281.pdf

CQ-TV is another bumper issue! Martin G4FKK has an update on the agenda for our online CAT23 on October 21st and Dave G8GKQ reviews the ICOM905 and looks at it's ATV capabilities. Also inside Grant VE3XTV proposes a new hybrid television transmission system for amateurs and Keith GU6EFB shows how to use that old discarded tablet as a 2nd monitor for your PC.

The printed version of CQ-TV 281, in full colour on high-quality gloss paper, will be at the printers this week and will be dispatched asap to those members who subscribe to the printed magazine. If you currently don't receive the printed version, why not consider upgrading when you next renew your subscription?

Finally don't forget the Thursday evening BATC net on Oscar-100 – more details on the forum. Please join us if you have transmit capability and if not you can watch all the action on the BATC streamer: https://batc.org.uk/live/oscar100net

We would really like more feedback on CQ-TV! Do you read it from cover to cover, are the articles relevant to you or do you just file it away and never read it? Either way, please let us know what you think by posting on the BATC forum!

M0SKM

Re: An appeal for help and CQ-TV 281 is available for download

Post by M0SKM » Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:25 am

Unable to download (Wordpress Critical Error).
Find me on D Star through GB7BP

G8GKQ
Site Admin

Post by G8GKQ » Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:59 am

Please use the direct link in the e-mail that you were sent (or in the post above....).

Dave, G8GKQ

g8vpg

Post by g8vpg » Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:49 pm

Knowing nothing about receiver design, but noting that the SDR Play works well with Portsdown to produce the band viewer, I wonder if there is any mileage in approaching SDR Play (or another SDR hardware manufacturer like the RTL SDR) to see if they would be interested in adapting their product in the manner that was used to produce the DTX1?
73 Shaun.

radiogareth

Post by radiogareth » Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:11 am

Does anyone know the author of SDRAngel? As it works well with DVB-S might it be upgraded to decode DVBS-2?
The AMSAT DVBS-GUI software is also functional, but I struggle to work out what I need to tweak to get a picture from it reliably. It does support Pluto, RTL's (so RX from 70-^GHz) and RSP's so a range of frequencies and performance covered.
Gareth

G7JTT

Post by G7JTT » Sun Oct 08, 2023 12:20 pm

I did post something in the SDRAngle forum but didn't get that great a response. It is based on leanDVB by Evariste so it's possible that could form the basis of something maybe, but it's well above my pay grade so I like most will need to rely on others to do the magic.

73 John G7JTT

i2NDT

Post by i2NDT » Sun Oct 08, 2023 12:33 pm

there is another linux sofware:
LEANDVB https://www.pabr.org/radio/leandvb/leandvb.en.html
there is also a very basic GUI but, not being a linux expert, I couldn't get it to work!

de
i2NDT Claudio
i2NDT Claudio
Dalmine, Italia

G8HKN

Post by G8HKN » Sun Oct 08, 2023 12:52 pm

Gareth SDR Angel does work on DVBS2
I was using it with a Lime mini on 70cm receive yesterday.
Roger G8HKN.

radiogareth

Post by radiogareth » Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:03 am

Dear me, my memory.....it does indeed. I seem to recall (I think it was reported by Rob M0DTS) that its a couple of dB short compared to a Minitiouner but 'something is better than nothing'.
Gareth

Return to “CQ-TV, The BATC Magazine”