CQ-TV 279 is ready for download

Discussions relating to CQ-TV, the magazine of the British Amateur Television Club (BATC)
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
g8gtz

CQ-TV 279 is ready for download

Post by g8gtz » Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:09 pm

The electronic copy of CQ-TV 279 is available for download for members on the BATC website at https://batc.org.uk/cq-tv/cq-tv-download/ . You will need to be logged in to the website to access this page. If you have not already visited the website, you will need to do a password reset before you can access the CQ-TV page - simply follow the instructions on this page https://wiki.batc.org.uk/Resetting_your_password

CQ-TV279 is absolutely crammed with interesting articles - plenty of reading to keep you busy over the Easter holidays!

There's news of the return of HamTV to the ISS and Noel G8GTZ reminds us of the challenges to receive the signals - he also describes how to control a Yaesu G5500 rotator over your home network. One correction is the forum to post your HamTV questions and updates is here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8398

David M0YDH describes the Rx-Tx changeover board he has developed for use on his local club's Portsdown system and Gareth G4XAT reveals his new portable power system using Lithium Iron Phosphate batteries.

Dave G8GKQ describes the wideband data mode currently being tested on QO100 - Don't forget it has always been stated by AMSAT-DL that the QO100 wideband transponder should be available for any form of wideband digital transmissions including DATV.

In BATC news there is details of CAT23 which will be held on August 6th at the Midland Air Museum - the same venue as last year. Clive covers all the latest contest news, including results of the 2022 ladder contests and Brian publishes the treasurers report for 2002, his last job before he steps down after many years of service to BATC - thanks Brian.

Not in CQ-TV but BATC would like to apologise to our international members for delays and losses to shop orders caused by a cyber attack on the UK Post office in February - unfortunately it is beyond our control and has caused our shop volunteers a lot of extra work and hassle so please bear with us!

The printed version of CQ-TV 279, in full colour on high-quality gloss paper, will be at the printers this week and will be dispatched asap to those members who subscribe to the printed magazine. If you currently don't receive the printed version, why not consider upgrading when you next renew your subscription?

Don't forget the Thursday evening BATC net on Oscar-100 – more details on the forum. Please join us if you have transmit capability and if not you can watch all the action on the BATC streamer: https://batc.org.uk/live/oscar100net

We would really like more feedback on CQ-TV! Do you read it from cover to cover, are the articles relevant to you or do you just file it away and never read it? Either way, please let us know what you think by posting on the BATC forum!

zr6tg

Re: CQ-TV 279 is ready for download

Post by zr6tg » Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:34 am

Awesome issue as always :) I'm jealous of all the terrestrial datv/atv activity ;) Thanks for the OT mention.

T

M5TXJ

Re: CQ-TV 279 is ready for download

Post by M5TXJ » Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:17 pm

Hi Tom,

I'm also jealous of the terrestrial activity living where I do in the hills of northern England. I have gear to go /P on 2m and I'm now thinking of expanding to other bands.

73 Dave.
...are you sure I can't use a pair of 813's?... :shock:

Return to “CQ-TV, The BATC Magazine”