CQ-TV 269 is ready for download

Discussions relating to CQ-TV, the magazine of the British Amateur Television Club (BATC)
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
g8gtz

CQ-TV 269 is ready for download

Post by g8gtz » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:52 am

Your electronic copy of CQ-TV 269 is available for download on the BATC website at https://batc.org.uk/cq-tv/cq-tv-download/ . You will need to be logged in to the website to access this page. If you have not already visited the website, you will need to do a password reset before you can access the CQ-TV page - simply follow the instructions on this page https://wiki.batc.org.uk/Resetting_your_password

Inside you’ll find exciting news about the launch of the Ryde DATV set top box receiver developed by members of the ATV community. The Ryde is an important project as it is a standalone DATV receiver controlled by an IR remote or push buttons using the on-screen display. It does not need a PC or any additional hardware, making it ideal for a shack monitoring receiver or repeater receiver.

The Ryde is not the only significant new development in CQ-TV 269. Dave G8GKQ launches the Portsdown 4 which uses the Raspberry Pi 4 and the Pluto SDR hardware which will in the future increase the transmit capability to 6GHz and possibly 10GHz! If you are thinking to start building a Portsdown this winter, Portsdown 4 is definitely the way to go.

Gareth G4XAT shares his ideas for using 3D printed parts to build talkback antennas and Chris PA3CRX describes an easy way to get on 70cms ATV, including news that the latest version of the SDR# software has built in AM and FM TV receiving software – something definitely worth exploring! And Frank M0AEU, reminds us there’s more to ATV than just transmission with an in-depth look at the ATEM range of video switchers.

There’s the results from the June IARU ATV contest and BATC contests plus news of Dutch activity days including the use of the 25 metret dish at Dwingeloo to receive 70cms ATV!

Finally there’s details of the draft program for our on-line CAT20 meeting to be held via Zoom on Saturday October 24th – members will receive an email nearer the event with full details on how to join the meeting.

Don't forget the Thursday evening BATC net on Oscar-100 – more details on the forum. Please join us if you have transmit capability and if not you can watch all the action on the BATC streamer: https://batc.org.uk/live/oscar100net

The printed version of CQ-TV 269, in full colour on high quality gloss paper, is currently at the printers and will be dispatched by the middle of next week to those members who subscribe to the printed magazine. If you currently don't receive the printed version, why not consider upgrading when you next renew your subscription?

We hope you enjoy this high quality, packed issue of CQ-TV but a lot of effort goes in to CQ-TV production and it would be nice to have some feedbacK - good or bad - on the forum!

G4ZJH

Re: CQ-TV 269 is ready for download

Post by G4ZJH » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:56 pm

Just started to read this latest edition - some excellent articles! I was hoping to see part 2 of G8YTZ's Remote Repeater and Station Monitoring article, but it appears to have missed publication again. Do you know if it will make issue 270?

Regards,

Ian G4ZJH.

G4UFS

Post by G4UFS » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:44 am

Good Morning,

I received my email telling me new CQTV is ready for download but each time I click on the download link, I get directed to my account summary screen and no mention of CQTV or download?

Help?

73 Dave - G4UFS

g0mjw

Post by g0mjw » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:17 am

That is normal. Go to https://batc.org.uk/ Log in if not already and go to the Members tab. Under the CQTV tab you should now see the download link.

Mike
Attachments
Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg (107.8 KiB) Viewed 7763 times

G4UFS

Post by G4UFS » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:37 pm

Thanks Mike, but I dont seem to get the download option and I am logged in??

G8NXG

Post by G8NXG » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:26 am

Maybe it is a hint - that you need to renew your membership .. only sayin' ! :D
Robert G8NXG

g8gtz

Post by g8gtz » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:00 am

To explain what might be happening:

As covered in our GDPR statement, when your membership expires you remain in the members database (not run on excel :D ) for 12 months. The reason is because if we deleted the record immediately and you forgot to renew on time, you would have to start a new membership and re-enter all your details again plus you would be allocated a new memebrship number.

You will receive an email explaining that during this 12 month period you will still receive emails from BATC and you can still log in but you won't be able to download CQ-TV or make purchases from the shop, except membership.

Noel - G8GTZ
Inkedexpired_LI.jpg
Inkedexpired_LI.jpg (496 KiB) Viewed 7613 times

Return to “CQ-TV, The BATC Magazine”