CQ-TV 266 is ready for download

Discussions relating to CQ-TV, the magazine of the British Amateur Television Club (BATC)
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
g8gtz

CQ-TV 266 is ready for download

Post by g8gtz » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:50 pm

Your electronic copy of CQ-TV 266 is available for download on the BATC website at https://batc.org.uk/cq-tv/cq-tv-download/ . You will need to be logged in to the website to access this page. If you have not already visited the website, you will need to do a password reset before you can access the CQ-TV page - simply follow the instructions on this page https://wiki.batc.org.uk/Resetting_your_password

In this bumper edition you will find the news of the BATC Christmas repeater contest when you can help your local repeater group win £100, just by getting on the air over the Christmas holiday. It will be good to see a few more groups enter to give the GB3ZZ team a bit of competition this year!

There's details of CAT 2020 which we will be holding at the Coventry Air Museum and news that BATC golf shirts will be available again in the member's shop at the start of 2020.

Paul M0PNN describes how to modify a drone receiver to create an advanced 5665MHz receiver, Paul M0EYT, shows how to use a Pluto on DATV and John G7JTT shows how to run the LongMynd receiver on a Jetson Nano to receive H265 signals.

Finally there's news of a really useful add-on program to enable "click to tune" for MiniTiouner to receive Oscar 100 signals.

In response to requests from our members the copy available for download from the webpage is a high resolution version at approximately 28MB. If due to limited broadband speed, you need a smaller, lower resolution version, send an email to admin@batc.tv and we will send you a link to a 5MB version.

The printed version of CQ-TV 266, in full colour on high quality gloss paper, will be dispatched on Monday December 23rd to those members who subscribe to the printed magazine. If you currently don't receive the printed version, why not consider upgrading when you next renew your subscription?

We wish all our members a really Happy Christmas and a properous New Year and hope you enjoy this high quality, packed issue of CQ-TV.

Don't forget if you have any comments we would really love to have some feedback from you on here on the members forum.

radiogareth

Re: CQ-TV 266 is ready for download

Post by radiogareth » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:14 pm

Another cracking and inspirational read, thanks to the production team and Editor.
Looking forward to the paper copy too :-)
Gareth

G8GKQ
Site Admin

Post by G8GKQ » Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:49 pm

The slides and video recordings of the SDR Makerspace (as described on page 39 of CQ-TV 266) are now available at https://sdrmaker.space/sdrconference19/.

In addition to my talk about the Portsdown, there are talks from Alex Csete OZ9AEC (discussing the follow-on to GQRX) and Michel Burnand HB9DUG.

Dave, G8GKQ

g8gtz

Post by g8gtz » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:21 pm

Printed copies on fine gloss paper in full colour were posted to members on the 23rd December - should be with you in time to read by the fire instead of going out to a New Year's eve party :-)

Happy Christmas

noel

G4NRT

Post by G4NRT » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:08 am

I received my glossy, printed magazine this morning. All I can say is 'Bravo Zulu' to all involved in its production.

I 'upgraded' my membership during 2019 to include a printed magazine and I'm very pleased that I did!

Happy new year to one and all!

David G4NRT / Z21NRT

Return to “CQ-TV, The BATC Magazine”