CQ-TV 263 - what do you want to read and what's your story

Discussions relating to CQ-TV, the magazine of the British Amateur Television Club (BATC)
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
g8gtz

CQ-TV 263 - what do you want to read and what's your story

Post by g8gtz » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:26 am

With the launch of Oscar 100 a lot has happened in the last 3 months in the world of ATV.

So the big question is what do you want to read about in CQ-TV 263:

* A simple guide to receiving DATV on Oscar 100?

* What do I need to build a DATV transmit system for Oscar100?

* Modifying my LNB?

* Nothing to do with Oscar 100!

And to save the G8Gxx team having to write everything, what story have you got to tell - can you jot down some notes on the following that we can turn in to an article:

* How I received Oscar 100 and my experiences

* Summary of LNB types and which is best for what.

* An introduction to OBS

* Something completely different!

Come on - let's have your input so we can make it a great issue for all those new members who have joined this month to buy a tuner from the shop!

Noel G8GTZ

g0mjw

Re: CQ-TV 263 - what do you want to read and what's your story

Post by g0mjw » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:04 pm

All of the above and you also have the reference/bias and the dual band feed. It would also be worth pointing to material, what's in the shop, where it the wiki etc.

Apart from a program to accurately predict next weeks lottery numbers, I can't think of anything else.

Mike

PE1BR

Post by PE1BR » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:47 am

Howto receive qo-100 is everywhere on the internet.
I really would like and article about DVBS(2) theory and Minitiouner option combined with al the possible modes bandwidth and fec options clearly explained with pros and cons ?
Most people who are interested already now how to point A dish and where to click to receive A signal.

YL3AKC

Post by YL3AKC » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:43 pm

Practical experience with Power amplifiers and dish sizes for QO-100 DATV. Where to get these PAs? What models? Stories with PA sourcing and modifications. Spectrians and polish amps...

Return to “CQ-TV, The BATC Magazine”